The Oceanside Classical Concerts Society Scholarship Program offers financial support for post-secondary education to an individual who demonstrates academic achievement and outstanding musical skills and potential, and is seeking a music-related career.
Applicants must be applying for admission to a recognized university music program or private performing arts conservatory or be university students enrolled in a music program and be:
- a senior in Senior High school or private school equivalent
- a student of Senior High school equivalent recommended by a private, accredited music teacher
- a university student enrolled and in a recognized career-oriented music program
OCCS will award one or more scholarships annually based on academic achievement and an adjudicated competition. For details regarding the Scholarship Program please email the Scholarship Committee Chair at [email protected]
DONATIONS TO THE OCCS SCHOLARSHIP FUND
OCCS is registered as a charity by the Canada Revenue Agency. Our fundraising focus is on building the OCCS Scholarship Fund and achieving the second goal in our society Constitution – “… advance education by providing scholarships based on academic achievement to high school graduates and students enrolled in post-secondary music programs and seeking a music-related career.”
OCCS is dedicated to fostering the future of all forms of music by supporting local aspiring musicians. Charitable receipts will be issued for all donations of $20 and more. Donations can be made by:
- cheque (payable to Oceanside Classical Concerts Society) and mailed to OCCS Scholarship Fund, 916 St Andrews Lane, Parksville BC V9P 2M5
- online by clicking on “donate now” and choosing Scholarship Fund. One time and monthly online donations are processed through CanadaHelps, a trusted charity that provides a secure online platform.